Thursday, January 12, 2012

When Little Kids Help



When your help around the house during the day consists of Littles - aka: Toddler and 8-month old in our house - then you could just be getting more mess and a little less clean*wink*

Makes for an interesting day since you never know what you may get, LOL!  But there are those other moments, the priceless ones you need to capture for memories to come, where your Little comes through.  He/She gets it!!  They did it!!  Yeah!!  (insert applause/praise/smiles)

Though I'd like to attribute those moments of success to my awesome & stellar parenting. . . . . sadly, I cannot!  It is not because I am good, but because God is good and gives me those pocket moments of wisdom to share with my children along with the patience and love to teach.  So you see, I can't claim the glory. . . . . . BUT I will surely enjoy His blessing in the outcome!  *big grin*

*Proverbs 22:6*
    "Teach your children to choose the right path, and when they are older, they will remain upon it"

Having my Littles help isn't so I can obviously get the job done the way I would like it - though my pride would say otherwise.  It's a teachable moment - if I take the time to embrace it!  When they are older, they will have learned homebuilding skills and developed some sort of routine that they too can pass onto their children.  Lazy begets lazy.  Surely NOT what I want them to learn!  So the sooner they help, the better.  :)


So what do I get in our house when the Littles help? ? ? ? ? . . . . .

I get the help of a renowned food critic - who apparently is grossed out by a raw/whole ckn . . . .

I get ALL of my main ingredients inspected and prepped before dinner (potato inspection in process). . . .

I receive a 'Get-Out-of-Bending' free card w/vacuuming. . . which is great during pregnancy! . . . .


And one of my favorites! . . . . I get the CUTEST taste testers!



***Yes, I will take my Littles for the job over doing it myself ANY day!!!

**This post is also linked to: 

2 comments:

  1. Delightful post brought back a happy memory. My daughter had spent over an hour washing the dishes, aka playing in soap suds. My sister-in-law pointed out that I could do them in a fraction of the time. I agreed, "But I am not washing the dishes, I am raising a child." You know that daughter is all grown up and she can wash dishes really fast now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your response, Ruth, of "But I am not washing the dishes, I am raising a child." I've been that parent on more than one occasion where it was easier to just do it myself - but then what are my kids ever going to learn?? Glad your good example fared well for your daughter. :)

    ReplyDelete