Thursday, January 5, 2012

10 years is a good start!

So today, the hubby and I celebrate our 10 year anniversary!  Not an easy task when one considers society norms with an approximate 50% divorce rate.  And I would be lying if I said it has come easy.  Don't get me wrong, there have been many hilarious moments, fond memories, and joys along the way. . . . BUT it's been WORK!  We've struggled through moving and organizing a house . . . . STILL organizing as our family expands, increasing our brood to what will be 5 kiddies mid-2012, dealing with crazy family/drama, balancing that with normal family, letting some friendships fizzle while adding new ones along the way, numerous pets (some foster pets), but most importantly. . . . we've struggled through our faith in Christ and how that should look in our lives.  We spent numerous years going through the motions of attending church on Sunday but never truly having our life transformed by our beliefs.  Looking back, it pains me to see how negatively that affected our children and anyone else we were around.  We weren't leaders and we didn't try to stand out.  We lived for ourselves and this world; not for God/each other/our children.

Thankfully, God has a way of hanging onto our hearts and changing us when we least expect it!  A couple of years ago, God worked on S-Money$ and I which led us to make some tough, yet rewarding decisions. 
  • I was in a career field I enjoyed yet we both agreed it was best for me to once again stay at home with our children.  In order to support this decision, S-Money$ has made a few job changes over the last couple of years to better meet our financial/family needs. 
  • After each baby, I said I was done, lol! . . . . until my pregnancy with Nattie G. in 2010.  We are open to however many children God blesses us with; not to follow society's status quo of avg. family size of 3.19.   
  • To more strictly limit our family's time and interactions with those who are continually negative, divisive and in opposition to our faith by their words/actions. 
Add to this a more mindful effort to read the bible more, share God's Word with our kids, TALK with our kids, train them in the way they should go, instill better communication habits in our family, carving out more adult time for hubby and I (not easy with the Brood in toe, LOL!) and overall just trying to have fun, laugh more, be silly more. 

If I've learned nothing else in my 10 years of marriage, it's that our time here is short.  Sure, 10 years is a great achievement and I couldn't be more happy for my time with S-Money$. . . . . but God has a lot more in store for us.  I can feel it.  I'm hopeful for the future. 


 Which is why I think that 10 years is simply just a good start!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Love the design and introduction. Thank you for allowing me to continue on your journey. This is beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ruth! So glad to have you along :)

    ReplyDelete