Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The S-Money$ Pic of the Month!

See, I don't have it all together and my blunders are many but aside from being made right by Christ, I also have a loving and supportive husband who helps me along the way. We strive to make our marriage one with a biblical foundation.  Which means, that he is to lead the family spiritually, financially, etc. and I am to be his helper, be supportive of him and submit where necessary.

SIDE NOTE - I think he surely has the hardest job out of the two of us since I'm not always the easiest to submit - *insert sheepish grin*


So for us, this idea makes some of our duties/division of labor look 'different' - meaning some may view our break-down as 'old-fashioned' - "you mean you don't plan on working out of the home?!" - add shock/dismay of some upon hearing I like staying home w/my kids, lol!

Though we have some divide in how we conquer our household (i.e. I've never mowed our lawn!), our 'roles' are best suited to our gifts/strengths as well as flexible.  I have no problem helping to move heavy items, carry a load of materials, do some hardcore yard work.  And S-Money$ has no problem changing a dirty diaper, taking our Spillz out shopping (shopping w/teenage girls takes a certain kind of parental temperament. . . trust me!), doing dishes/other chores, helping me bake. 



Ephesians 5:25
And you husbands must love your wives with the same love Christ showed the church. He gave up his life for her.

We serve out of love and a majority of the time when I need him, S-Money$ is more than willing to 'give up his life' and put aside his interests in an effort to meet mine, or the kids.  That takes a level of love, commitment and maturity from someone.  Which is why I want to begin dedicating a monthly post for my dear hubby capturing him in action as he conquers the chaos of The Brood, the shenanigans in our house and models what a loving, biblical husband may look like! 


So, without further ado. . . . here is the S-Money$ Pic of the Month for January!
I was afraid we'd find something growing in here but S-Money$ braved the duty of cleaning the B-Fam Party Van!




1 comment:

  1. So awesome that you can be a stay-at-home mom. That takes real commitment and work. I was blessed with being able to stay at home for 15 years. I like you idea for a blog post. :)

    ReplyDelete